ed hockey together. Just everyth

#1 von lw789 ( gelöscht ) , 12.12.2018 03:15

Growing up in the Toronto neighbourhood of Mimico, Brendan and Reilly Smith never played organized hockey together. Just everything else. "We were always playing mini sticks or road hockey or shinny on the ice out on the rink, stuff like that," Brendan Smith said. "We were always playing with or against each other." Inevitably, one-on-one games in the basement would get heated. If it was last goal wins, Reilly said Brendan would often make sure they kept playing until he scored it. It wont be that easy this time as Brendans Detroit Red Wings meet Reillys Boston Bruins in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Theyve met in the regular season, but this was a matchup the brothers and their parents were hoping to avoid. "We dont like when theyre against each other," mother Deidre said on HBOs "24/7" program. "We like it when theyre against other people." When the Red Wings were making their wild-card run last month, Reilly told Brendan to keep racking up the points to get the first spot and a matchup with the Pittsburgh Penguins instead of his Bruins. "He told me he doesnt want to see that," Brendan recalled. "He doesnt want to see that in the first round because he thinks we play really well against them. I think we match up decently well against Boston. I think we match up better against them than Pittsburgh." Reilly didnt get his wish, as the Bruins and Red Wings are meeting in the playoffs for the first time since 1957. Game 1 is Friday night in Boston. That was 30 years before Lester and Deidre Smith started having kids, and now they have to witness their sons playing against each other. "Theyll probably be wearing a jersey sewed down the middle with Boston and Detroit," Reilly told reporters in Wilmington, Mass., as quoted by the Boston Globe. "Maybe my mom wont wear it, its definitely a fashion statement. But I dont think my dad will worry too much." The Red Wings won three of four meetings with the Bruins this season, including April 2 in Detroit to snap Bostons streak of 16 games without a regulation loss. Reilly had an assist in each of those games, while Brendan went without a point the three times he played against Boston. "When Boston plays Detroit, we root for both of them to play well," father Lester said on "24/7" in December. "But its fun." Its much more fun for the brothers to watch and help each other now that theyve reached the NHL. Brendan said he and Reilly talk every day during the season, sometimes for confidence-boosting purposes. "I talk to him about things, things that are going wrong with him, if hes on a cold streak. We can both help each other," Brendan said. "Were always talking. I think its good for me and I think its good for both of us is that we understand. Were both in the same profession and we know what its like on a day-in, day-out basis, so we can help each other and maybe if things arent going well crack a smile on each other. Its a good relationship." Brendan, at 25 the middle of three brothers with professional lacrosse player Rory the oldest, is Reillys biggest supporter. He didnt quite agree that Reilly turned out to be the best return from Bruins trade that sent Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars -- because Loui Eriksson is really good -- but he expected the 23-year-old forward to thrive. "I think hes been the most shock-and-awe factor in that trade that nobody saw that (was going) to happen," Brendan said. "We did as a family, and a lot of people that have seen Reilly in previous years in college and St. Mikes, they knew who Reilly was." All Reilly needed, according to his brother, was an opportunity to play with better linemates. Getting that chance, eventually on a line with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron, Reilly broke out with 20 goals and 31 assists for a career-high 51 points. "He never really got that great of a chance with Dallas on the fourth line (where) its hard to produce when youre a skill player," Brendan said. "Once he got into a system where hes starting to play with high-production players, obviously he jumped off the page." Reillys stats at the start to his Bruins tenure certainly jumped off the page. After just three goals and six assists in 37 games with the Stars last season, he had 30 points in his first 38 games for Boston. "Its kind of interesting to watch it and for me to follow it. Reilly came out flying, he was really hot and then it became Marchand and now its Bergeron," Brendan said. "Its like theyre all taking their turn to get that limelight. ... Its a good line and its impressive to see that Reillys done so well." Even though Reilly went cold late in the season, he still finished sixth on the Presidents Trophy-winning Bruins in scoring. He credited captain Zdeno Chara and others for the fact he was able to integrate so well into an established group. "I think it comes down to the leadership on this team," Reilly said. "From management down, it seems like, for me at least being a new player joining this system, the structure was there. They just kind of throw you into it. It doesnt really matter who it is, someones always trying to help you out and make your game easier and help you be more successful. " That a couple of hockey players from Mimico found success isnt surprising, considering Brendan Shanahan, David Clarkson, Dave Bolland and others came out of there. Two from the same family, Brendan said, is a testament to their parents. "The drive and all theyve done for us and how theyve brought us up from young guys, I think thats the main reason why weve been successful," he said. "We always wanted to be professional and play in the NHL and we were fortunate to do that. And I think thats something our parents instilled in us was that drive." Glen Rice Jersey . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri. Dwyane Wade Jersey .K. Subban and Matt Duchene will be the two skaters sitting out the teams opening game. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat.i...al-heat-jersey/. Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Chris Bosh Jersey . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Rodney McGruder Jersey . Cellino was ordered by a judge to pay a 600,000 euro ($800,000) fine for evading import taxes on a yacht he purchased in the United States and brought to Italy, the ANSA news agency reported.MAMMOTH LAKE, Calif. -- Shaun White skipped the Friday morning Olympic snowboarding qualifier to get some needed rest, a calculated risk considering the two-time Olympic gold medallist still wasnt assured of a spot in Sochi for his signature event. Two thrilling trips down Mammoth Mountain later in the afternoon all but solved that problem. Oh, and they sent a message too. The sports greatest ever is still on top of his game. In fact, hes building on it. Soaring through the California air looking very much like someone intent on making history, White dominated the afternoon session, posting a score of 98.6 to move closer to one of the four spots on the U.S. Olympic halfpipe team. Even better, he did it while landing the latest wrinkle in his ever-expanding repertoire. White nailed a frontside double-cork 1440 in competition for the first time during his second run, a trick he spent the run-up to Sochi obsessing over. The payoff came in the middle of his run as he packed four full twists and two flips inside in one physics-defying leap. Not bad considering a needed win was already assured. White posted a 97 during his first run, which included his usual double McTwist 1260. The new skill adds half a rotation, which he says changes it completely. Maybe, but the results havent changed a bit. White pumped his fists when his score was posted in a mixture of relief and joy. "I was treating it like an Olympic event, which it is," White said. "I wanted to up my score. I wanted to do something under pressure ... Im happy I landed it." It also avoided any second-guessing after White decided to skip the morning event after a busy Thursday in which he wiped out during a slopestyle qualifying event to return to the top of the hill hours later and win, securing a berth on the U.S. Olympic slopestyle team in the process. "I just figured if I could pull it out yesterday I should be able to do it today and that inspired me to get up and make it happen," White said. "Taking the morning off was the best call I think Ive made." LLooked like it.ddddddddddddScotty Lago, who won bronze behind White in Vancouver in 2010, thrust himself back into the mix for Sochi by finishing second. Taylor Gold wrapped up his seat in Sochi by finishing third. The U.S. is so stacked in the halfpipe making the Olympic team could be even more difficult than reaching the podium in Russia. Yet White left little doubt the chasm hes created between himself and the rest of the world hasnt moved much in the last four years. "I was really on the edge of my physical abilities," White said. "I was so fatigued from slopestyle. But I did a run that Ive never ever in my career done, so Im happy. Ive got to push through all the way to Sochi. Ive just got to keep going." The field behind Gold, White and Greg Bretz is a jumbled mess, with a half-dozen jockeying for the one spot that remains up for grabs. Its a field that now includes enigmatic Danny Davis after Davis pulled out a stunning win during the morning session. The 25-year-old was considered the snowboarder with the best shot at challenging White in Vancouver. Davis even beat White in a qualifying event barely a month before the games only to have his pelvis crushed in an all-terrain vehicle accident. Hes spent most of the last quadrennial trying to stay healthy. During a dynamic run, he looked more than healthy. He looked competitive. His 95.20 was enough to edge Gold by 1.2 points and give Davis hope of joining White in Sochi. "Ive had a rough four years of getting hurt and this year was about getting good at snowboarding again," Davis said. "If I make the Olympic team, its cool because its another accomplishment in my life Ive yet to make." Kelly Clark, who took gold in Salt Lake City in 2002, remained perfect by sweeping both womens events on Friday. The two-time Olympic medallist is guaranteed a spot on the team. The other three spots are a toss-up, though 2006 Olympic champion and 2010 silver medallist Hannah Teter bolstered her bid by finishing third and now has two straight top-four finishes. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

lw789

he Toronto Blue Jays attempt to b
E-water.net - Präsentationen für den Gottesdienst