sive line. Brett Jones was fresh o

#1 von lw789 , 17.12.2018 02:53

CALGARY -- Pierre Lavertu has an experienced, successful guide on the Calgary Stampeders offensive line. Brett Jones was fresh out of university at Calgarys training camp a year ago. The centre from Weyburn, Sask., went on to become the first offensive lineman to be named the Canadian Football Leagues most outstanding rookie. The Stampeders hope Lavertu is also a quick study. Calgary swung a draft-day deal with Ottawa to make the Laval athlete the first overall pick May 13. The 24-year-old from Quebec City played centre for the Rouge et Or, but with Jones so successful at that position in 2013, Lavertu has worked most of the pre-season at guard. Jones may be two years younger than Lavertu, but hes helping usher the older rookie into professional football. "Hes given me advice and helped me during meetings. He sits behind me," Lavertu said Tuesday at McMahon Stadium. "Brett is an inspiration for me because he did everything well. He has great technique, good footwork, he knows everything thats happening on the field." Jon Gott, who was dealt to the expansion Redblacks for the first pick in the draft, and the retired Dimitri Tsoumpas mentored Jones in his first year in the league, so Jones wants to pay it forward. "They just made sure I was welcomed into the group," Jones said. "Were known as a unit. I just want whats best for the offensive line." Lavertu, who is six foot three and 298 pounds, won three Vanier Cups and was a three-time CIS all-star with Laval. He was surprised Calgary drafted him because of Jones, but Lavertu is also excited at the prospect of blocking for star running back Jon Cornish. "If they want me to play guard, Im going to play guard," Lavertu said. "Its the opportunity theyve given to me. Im going to take it and do the best I can to be successful at right guard. "We have Jon Cornish and a lot of good running backs. I love to run-block for him. When you run the ball like that and control the clock like that, you are going to win." Lavertu played right guard in the first half and returned to centre for the second when Jones came out of Saturdays pre-season win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Calgary rushed for 193 yards in a 23-20 victory. The Stampeders are in Vancouver to face the Lions in another pre-season game Friday. Calgary hosts Montreal in their regular-season opener June 28. As Jones did, Lavertu must adapt to the quicker pace of the pro game as well the calibre of the oppositions defensive line. "Theres a lot more things hes responsible for and the talent hes going against every play is equal (to him) or better," Calgary offensive line coach Pat DelMonaco said. "You have to factor in some of them have five, six or seven years of experience." The six-foot-two, 321-pound Jones says Lavertu makes the same errors he did in his early days as a Stampeder. "I made a ton of mistakes," Jones said. "Youre going to make mistakes and its just not making the same mistake twice. "Hes doing great. This offence isnt that easy. You can just see hes making those changes and just making those improvements to get better. Whenever he gets a chance to play, Im excited to play beside him and hope the best for him." Air Max Goedkoop . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. Air Max Kopen . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. http://www.airmaxgoedkooponline.nl/. Just as the meeting was beginning, Major League Baseball unveiled Rule 7.13, an experimental rule for the 2014 season aimed at eliminating what the league calls “egregious” runner/catcher collisions at home plate. Nike Air Max Goedkoop Bestellen . Pironkova, who was ranked outside the top 100 despite reaching the Wimbledon semifinals in 2010, beat three top 10 players in Sydney, 2012 French Open finalist Sara Errani, 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and Kerber. Air Max Nederland . When Reyes signed a US$106-million, six-year deal with Miami last month, there was speculation Ramirez was unhappy about being supplanted at short. But new manager Ozzie Guillen sold Ramirez on the idea.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Kenny Chery scored 18 points, including six in the go-ahead run, and No. 20 Baylor defeated No. 3 Kentucky 67-62 on Friday night in the same building where the NCAA Final Four will be played in April. The young Wildcats (7-2) had a 50-41 lead when Julius Randle, one of three Kentucky freshmen playing in their home state, had a slam dunk with 13 minutes left. Baylor (8-1) responded with a 15-5 run in which Chery, the junior college transfer who is now the Bears point guard, came up big. His two free throws with 6 minutes left put the Bears up 56-55 and they never trailed again. Randle had 16 points for Kentucky while Aaron Harrison had 15 and James Young 14 with four 3-pointers. Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson had 13 points each for the Bears, who beat Kentucky for the second straight year. Rico Gathers had 13 rebounds. Blue-clad Kentucky fans easily outnumbered those of the local team in what they certainly hope isnt their only trip to the Dallas Cowboys massive stadium this season. It will be much fuller in four months. With Baylors football team playing at home about 100 miles away Saturday with a chance to clinch the Big 12 title, and icy conditions that made driving treacherous from the Waco campus, the crowd was under 10,000. Plus, the game already scheduled to start after 9 p.m. local time startedd more than an hour after that.ddddddddddddThe Top 10-ranked womens teams from the two schools played four overtimes in the opener of the doubleheader. No. 5 Kentucky beat No. 9 Baylor 133-130 in the highest-scoring Division I womens game ever. It was the third straight season the Baylor and Kentucky men played. Last December, the Bears won 64-55 at Rupp Arena to end a 54-game home winning streak by Kentucky, which beat Baylor in an NCAA tournament regional final in March 2012. Kentucky trailed by nine points early, but recovered to tie the game at 27, 29, 31, 33 and 35 before Andrew Harrisons 3-pointer with 19 seconds left in the first half put the Wildcats up 38-35. They opened the second half with an 8-2 run. Baylor had a 16-7 lead after Jefferson had a rebound that led to his assist on Cherys jumper only 4:22 into the game. The Wildcats responded with a 15-7 run, and were down by only one after Aaron Harrisons third 3-pointer in less than 5 minutes. Youngs 3-pointer with 7 minutes left tied the game at 27. That was the first time Kentucky hadnt trailed since Young scored its first five points of the game for a 5-4 lead. Randle is from the Dallas area. The other Kentucky freshmen playing in their home state were 6-foot-6 twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison from Richmond, about 4 1/2 hours south, near Houston. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

lw789  
lw789
Skype Mein Status

in 1996. Newcastle went to Filbert
nternet