nearly three-week Olympic l

#1 von lw789 , 05.03.2019 07:17

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens are still adjusting to NHL play after a nearly three-week Olympic layoff. And it showed Thursday night. The Canadiens, playing in their second game in as many days, however, got a good performance in the end from their backup goaltender as he filled in for an injured Olympic gold medallist . Peter Budaj stopped all three shooters in the shootout and David Desharnais scored the only goal, leading the Canadiens to a wild 6-5 victory. "He battled back in the second and third and in the shootout he was outstanding," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said of Budaj. Budaj, in his second straight start for injured starter Carey Price, stopped Penguins shooters James Neal and Sidney Crosby before denying Evgeni Malkins slap shot for the win. Desharnais, the third shooter for Montreal, slammed on the brakes at the top of the crease before sliding the puck by Marc-Andre Fleury. "I would like to have some goals back, but we scored five goals against Pittsburgh," Budaj said. "We have to learn from the mistakes we made. We have to keep going and getting better." Daniel Briere scored twice, once on the power play, and Max Pacioretty also scored with the man advantage, his 27th of the year. Brendan Gallagher netted his 15th for the Canadiens and Alexei Emelin also scored his second of the season. Budaj, who stopped 27 shots, made his second straight start after turning aside 28 shots during an overtime loss one day earlier against Detroit. "You can tell the bench guys wanted to battle back for him because he certainly worked hard," Therrien said. He filled in for Price, who was named the top goaltender at the Olympic games after going 5-0 with a 0.59 goals-against average and two shutouts, leading Team Canada to a gold medal. Price, who aggravated a lower-body injury sustained in Sochi, will be re-evaluated Friday. "Credit to the team because they stuck with it, they battled for me and we got the two points," Budaj said. Crosby, who leads the NHL with 80 points, scored his 29th and added an assist. Neal scored his 21st for his 300th career point and also had an assist, while Malkin provided two assists, both extending six-game point streaks. Olli Maatta scored his seventh of the season on the power play and had an assist, while Brandon Sutter had a short-handed goal, his 10th of the year. Deryk Engelland also scored his career-high fifth goal. "We worked hard," Crosby said. "It was a little sloppy, and a lot of special teams. ... Probably a tough first one for everybody to get into." The teams were tied at 3 after two periods and both scored twice in the third, sending the game to overtime. Three of the four third-period goals were scored by special teams units, Sutter giving the Penguins a 4-3 lead with a short-handed breakaway goal and Crosby later putting Pittsburgh ahead 5-4 on the power play. Emelin tied it 24 seconds after Sutter gave the Penguins the initial lead and Briere sent the game to overtime with his second goal of the game. With the Canadiens trailing, the Penguins Tanner Glass was issued a five-minute major for a hit on Emelin. The call was elbowing, but video replays showed Emelins stick came up and hit him in the head. "Thats why I kind of followed through the way I did, to get his stick away from my face," Glass said. "Its a hockey play, it happens. I can understand why he made the call." The Canadiens cashed in anyway, Briere tying it with his second of the game when he feathered a back-door rebound behind Fleury, who made 24 saves. NOTES: Penguins D Kris Letang spoke with reporters Thursday morning, the first time since suffering a stroke and said he will likely play hockey again, but its unclear if he will return this season. ... Paul Martin, out 4-to-6 weeks after breaking his hand in the Olympics, was scratched along with recently recalled D Simon Despres. ... Price, C Ryan White, and D Francis Bouillon were scratched for Montreal. ... Penguins F Jussi Jokinen recorded his 400th career point. Nike Zoom Outlet . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Cheap Nike Zoom . Asdrubal Cabrera had four hits and three RBIs, Michael Brantley also homered and the Indians beat the injury-riddled Minnesota Twins 9-4 Thursday for their first three-game winning streak this season. http://www.nikezoomoutlet.com/.S.-Cuba relations means baseball prospects get off the island and into the major leagues without payoffs to smugglers and threats from kidnappers, its hard to see the downside. Nike Zoom Cheap China . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Nike Zoom Clearance .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday.ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams were determined not to let Adrian Peterson embarrass them again. The Minnesota Vikings found another way to catch them with their pants down. Wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson ran for 102 yards on just three carries, with a 67-yard scoring run off a simple pitchout. The Vikings were impressive across the board under new coach Mike Zimmer, shutting down the Rams 34-6 on Sunday. "Theres no way I can miss that hole," Patterson said. "When I get the ball in my hands, I expect great things." Peterson rambled for 212 yards the last time the Vikings played in St. Louis in December 2012, enjoying the view on the end zone video board at the end of an 82-yard run. The star runner ground out 75 yards on 21 carries in the opener. "We knew we were going against a good defence, especially a good front," Peterson said. "The guys up front didnt back down, we continued to hit them in the mouth." Rams quarterback Shaun Hill lasted one half as the stand-in starter for Sam Bradford, missing the rest of the game with a quadriceps injury and leaving untested Austin Davis in charge. Coach Jeff Fisher believed Hill was hurt before his last pass was intercepted by Josh Robinson with 1:09 to go in the half, setting up Matt Cassels 8-yard pass to Greg Jennings for a 13-0 lead. The Vikings were in command the rest of the way. "I like how this team works, Ive said it numerous, numerous times," Zimmer said after getting an ice bath from players. "I think we had a good plan, and it worked out." Zimmer was a defensive co-ordinator with Dallas, Atlanta and Cincinnati the previous 14 seasons and inherited a team that went 5-10-1. He had a defence that surrendered the most points NFL last year clicking from the start, holding St. Louis to 170 yards the first three quarters. Patterson broke at least four tackles on the 67-yarder that put the Vikings up 20-3 late in the third quarter. He had carries of 23 and 12 yards in the first half and added three receptions for 26 yards. Last year, Patterson returned two kickoffs for toucchdowns and led the NFL with a 32.dddddddddddd4-yard average. The Vikings kept the Rams down in the second half with four of their five sacks, and Harrison Smiths 81-yard interception return made it 34-3 late in the fourth quarter. Its the third career interception return for a touchdown by Smith, beginning his third season. Brian Quick had seven catches for 99 yards for St. Louis. The Rams didnt help themselves with sloppy play and were penalized 13 times for 121 yards. "These guys put in way too much work for this to end up like this," guard Rodger Saffold said. "I feel sorry for everybody in this room, and I know that next week its going to be a bloodbath because I know nobodys going to want this to happen again." Robinson intercepted an underthrown pass by Hill looking like the primary receiver, tapping the turf with his right foot before going out of bounds. Cassel needed four plays and 48 seconds to find Jennings. The 34-year-old Hill made his first start since 2010 and was 8 for 13 for 81 yards. After the game, he was guarded about his status and also declined to discuss how he was hurt. "Im going to leave all comments about the injury up to coach Fisher," Hill said. Davis, who was 16 for 23 for 192 yards and an interception, has been with the Rams at least parts of the last three seasons. NOTES: Rams DE Chris Long (left ankle) was sidelined after tackling Peterson in the third quarter. Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes (groin) left in the third quarter. ... OL Greg Robinson, the second overall pick of the draft, was limited to a handful of special teams snaps the first half, but came in at guard after Saffold (neck) left in the fourth quarter. After the game, Saffold said he was fine. ... Blair Walsh kicked three field goals of 50-plus yards at St. Louis as a rookie in 2012, and he drilled a 52-yarder to open the scoring. He was 26 for 30 last season, three of the misses from beyond midfield. ... Rams K Greg Zuerlein had been 7 for 13 in his career from 50-plus before hooking a 50-yarder later in the first, but later connected from 56 and 46 yards. ' ' '

lw789  
lw789
Skype Mein Status

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears and first-round draft pick Kyle Fuller have agreed to a four-year contract that includes
oronto Marlies in American