www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com

#1 von hong wei , 14.11.2018 03:05

All the Reds needed was one misstep by the White Sox to pull out another comeback win Mason Crosby Jersey , with Alex Blandino delivering the final hit.

Blandino’s double in the eighth inning completed Cincinnati’s four-run rally for a 5-3 victory Monday night. Chicago returned to Great American Ball Park for the first time since 2009 and let one slip away with the help of a misplay that changed everything.

”If we secure one out either way … ” White Sox manager Rick Renteria said.

The Reds loaded the bases with one out against Chris Volstad (1-5). Adam Duvall grounded to first baseman Matt Davidson, who was indecisive and wound up failing to get an out.

Davidson intended to step on first and then throw home. He took several steps toward the base and changed his plan, throwing to the plate without stepping on first – too late to get Scooter Gennett sprinting in to score.

”I kind of just rushed myself and made a mistake and didn’t touch the base and threw home,” Davidson said. ”I looked up and saw the runner and forgot about touching first. I just messed up there.”

Billy Hamilton followed with a sacrifice fly that tied it at 3, and Blandino’s pinch-hit double put the Reds in position for another comeback win. They’ve trailed in seven of their last 10 victories.

Blandino has learned to pinch-hit this season. He is 7 for 21 off the bench with four RBIs.

”Pinch-hitting is something I’ve been working on since spring training,” he said. ”This is my first time coming off the bench. You’re facing the back end of the bullpen. You just try to stay on their best pitch and battle.”

Dylan Floro (3-2) retired two in the eighth. Raisel Iglesias pitched the ninth for his 16th save in 18 chances.

Until Chicago’s bullpen melted down, James Shields was in position to get his first road win since opening day. Chicago has scored three runs or less behind him in 14 of his last 16 starts.

”We were the ballgame all the way up to the end there,” Shields said. ”Unfortunately, we made a couple mistakes there at the end.”

Scott Schebler connected on Shields’ first pitch of the game, but he allowed only three more hits while going 6 2/3 innings.

The White Sox pulled ahead 2-1 in the seventh when Yoan Moncada doubled home the tying run and came around on Yolmer Sanchez’s single. Avisail Garcia added his fifth homer in the eighth. Garcia extended his hitting streak to a career-high 12 games.

Chicago’s Jose Abreu went 0 for 3, ending his 19-game hitting streak in interleague play – one shy of Paul Konerko’s club record. Abreu fouled a ball off the inside of his left ankle in the sixth inning and left for a pinch hitter in the seventh.

INTERLEAGUE

The White Sox are 3-10 in interleague play this season. The Reds are 7-1 and have won six straight Authentic Rasheem Green Jersey , their best streak in interleague play.

SERIES STUFF

The White Sox have dominated the series with the Reds, going 16-5. They’ve won 10 of the 13 games in Cincinnati.

RIGGLEMAN’S RECORD

The Reds improved to 34-33 under interim manager Jim Riggleman, who took over on April 19 when Bryan Price was fired after a 3-15 start.

ROAD WOES

Shields won Chicago’s season opener at Kansas City and hasn’t won on the road since then, largely because of the lack of run support. He’s 1-4 on the road this season.

REDS DEAL

The Reds acquired minor league outfielder Lorenzo Cedrola from the Red Sox in exchange for international signing bonus space.

TRAINER’S ROOM

White Sox: CF Leury Garcia was out of the lineup a day after he left a game with a jammed finger on his left hand. Renteria said Garcia was available to pinch-hit.

Reds: Homer Bailey makes his fourth rehab start for Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday. In three starts, he has allowed 22 hits and 15 earned runs in 16 innings.

UP NEXT

White Sox: Lucas Giolito (5-7) is 2-3 with a 6.81 ERA in his last seven starts. He has allowed five runs or more three times.

Reds: Anthony DeSclafani (3-1) makes his sixth start since returning from a strained oblique. He has never faced the White Sox.

Tyler Mahle is pitching well in June. Then again, most everyone is pitching well against the Kansas City Royals this month.

Mahle allowed three hits while working into the seventh, Adam Duvall hit a ninth-inning grand slam and the Cincinnati Reds beat the skidding Royals 7-0 on Wednesday night.

Mahle (5-6) allowed only one runner to touch second base in 6 1/3 innings, matching his career longest start. He is 2-0 in June, allowing two earned runs and 14 hits in 16 1/3 innings.

”I was able to make big pitches, get weak contact and guys were able to make plays behind me, and I was able to hold them off long enough for us to score some runs Authentic Will Dissly Jersey ,” Mahle said.

The Royals have lost nine of 10 and have dropped 23 of 33 home games. They have scored 11 runs in their last eight games and 23 in 12 June games. They have scored one run in the past 25 innings.

”We’ve got to be better than that,” losing pitcher Jason Hammel said. ”This losing is getting old.”

Kansas City is hitting .147 this month with runners in scoring position, including 1 for 25 in the past six games.

Duvall greeted rookie reliever Jason Adam with his second grand slam in two weeks, driving a 2-2 pitch over the left-center wall.

”He threw me a couple of curveballs earlier in that at-bat, but I knew he liked his heater,” Duvall said. ”That’s what I was looking for there. It’s a good feeling to come in here and win two.”

Hammel (2-7) allowed three runs on seven hits over 7 1/3 innings. The Royals committed three errors, including two in the seventh helping the Reds score two runs.

”I know guys are not trying to kick the ball, not try to misplay it, but at this level those things affect the outcome,” Hammel said. ”That’s the game in a nutshell.”

Alex Gordon, a five-time American League Gold Glove winner Authentic Michael Dickson Jersey , made two defensive gems in the sixth inning. Curt Casali singled off the left-field bullpen fence and tried to stretch it into a double. Gordon threw him out from the warning track for his fifth outfield assist this season and the 85th of his career.

Two pitches later, Gordon made a diving head-first catch of Billy Hamilton’s liner to rob him of a hit.

”The first thing that went through my mind, is no wonder he’s a gold, platinum glove winner,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. ”He’s just so fantastic out there.”

Salvador Perez and Hunter Dozier grounded into double plays to end the first two Royals innings.

Mahle retired 12 of the next 13 batters he faced after Gordon walked in the second inning.

The Royals didn’t have a runner touch second base until Whit Merrifield doubled with two out in the sixth.

STREAKING REDS

Scooter Gennett had two singles, extending his hitting streak to 10 games. … Jose Peraza has reached base in 15 consecutive games. … Reliever Jared Hughes, who pitched a scoreless inning, has not allowed a run in 15 straight appearances.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Royals: 1B Lucas Duda (right foot plantar fasciitis) is doing on-the-field activity. Yost said he is hopeful Duda will go out on a minor league rehab assignment this weekend.

UP NEXT

Reds: They are off Thursday before RHP Matt Harvey will start Friday in Pittsburgh.

Royals: After an off-day Thursday, the Royals will open a three-game home series Friday with the Houston Astros. RHP Jakob Junis will be the KC starter for the opener.

hong wei wei

hong wei  
hong wei
Skype Mein Status

Lass dich nicht vom Bösen besiegen, sondern besiege das Böse durch das Gute! - Jahreslosung 2011 - Römer 12, 9-21
www.newenglandpatriotsteamonline.com